Sweet Potato Brownies
- 1 cup almond flour
- 1/3 cup coconut butter (or could use almond butter)
- 1/2 cup of almond or sunflower seed butter for topping and making marbled design
- 1/3 cocoa powder (can use carob powder if can’t have cocoa)
- 1TB flax meal
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- ¼ tsp salt
- 1 TB vanilla
- 1 cup cooked sweet potato (about 1 small to medium sweet potato)
- ½ cup coconut milk
- ¼ cup melted coconut oil
- 3 dropperfuls of liquid stevia (add last and play with amount of sweetness or try sweetener of choice)
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease 8×8 pan (I use Pampered Chef stoneware) with coconut oil. First, melt coconut butter and coconut oil in small sauce pan (careful not to burn). Next, add all dry ingredients together and stir. Add wet ingredients including melted coconut oil/coconut butter. I use a hand mixer to mix.
Put into greased pan. Add almond butter or nut butter (needs to be soft) topping by using a spoon to create 4 parallel lines. Use a butter knife to marble or swirl the almond butter by running knife perpendicular one way and then the other way back across the brownies. Bake at 350 degrees for 30 min. Try serving with vanilla coconut milk ice cream!