Member Login

Avocado Breakfast Bake

December 8th, 2015
avocadobake
Photo by Julianne Shapery

We are always getting asked for Paleo friendly breakfast ideas. It’s easy to get stuck in a rut of always eating the same thing for breakfast. Mix it up!

Here is a quick, easy  and unique breakfast idea full of great protein and fat! Enjoy!

Avocado Breakfast Bake

Prep time: 5 minutes

Cook time: 20 minutes

Servings: 2

Ingredients:

• 2 avocados
  • 4 eggs
  • 2 cups greens of choice (spinach, kale, arugula are all great!), sautéed
  • Optional toppings: green onions, salsa, cilantro

Instructions:

Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Slice the avocados in half and carefully remove the pit. Put avocados open side up in a large baking dish, propped up if needed. If they are small avocados, scoop out some extra flesh to make room for a cracked egg.

Crack one egg into each avocado half and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Place in the oven for 15-20 minutes or until egg is cooked to desired doneness. Remove from oven and top with chosen toppings. Serve with a side of sautéed greens.

Recipe by: Tami Monaghan

Summary
recipe image
Recipe Name
Avocado Breakfast Bake
Published On
Preparation Time
Cook Time
Total Time
Average Rating
1.51star1stargraygraygray Based on 188 Review(s)

14 Responses

1. Evie says:

This looks very interesting. I would scramble the egg and add some fresh bacon bits on top to add a little pizazz huh?

2. Donna says:

I skinned the avocado, placed it filled with the egg on a bed of fresh kale and asparagus added jalapeño green onion cilantro and garlic with water, covered and steamed. Awesome without heating up the oven and cooked evenly

3. Susan Gilliam says:

I agree with Evie’s idea to scramble the eggs a bit & incorporate crisp bacon!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! P

4. Olgie Ratliff says:

Hi Evie: this avacodo sounds like a good thing, when I go to the store, I am going to make a grocery list to buy
    some food for healthy eating. Thanks again for the help and tips. Your truly,
    Olgie R.

5. Brenda Marchant says:

Thanks! You R right! I am always looking for a good, filling alternative to greasy bacon and eggs.

6. Wally says:

Evie- I love your idea! I think I’ll try it both ways and see what I think. Of course, I’ll add bacon both times 😉

7. Mary says:

Thanks for the recipe, looks like I would really like to try it!

8. Mmmmmmm~Yummmmmmmy
    i am one who absolutely LOVES Avocados
    can’t wait to try this recipe😜
    Thanks!!!

9. Patty says:

Never in my wildest dreams would I have ever thought of this….although I’ve eaten a separated mix of this kind on my plate before, such as an omelet! 😂 I am looking forward to trying this with an array of different toppings; sidenote: SKIP THE BACON on mine. 😊

10. Donna Hoisington says:

Add a dash of hot sauce before serving. Yum

11. Veronica says:

I cook, fry with some water and oil, or bake avocado and thinly sliced apple. I also add pickled ginger.