Cream of Broccoli Soup
- 1 small to medium onion, sliced
- 3 leeks thinly sliced using the white parts
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- 5-6 cups broccoli florets
- 1 can full fat coconut milk (I use Native Forest because I have heard the can is BPA-free)
- 3 cups bone broth (beef or chicken)
- 2-3 Tbsp of coconut oil
- 1 Tbsp lemon juice
- salt and pepper
Heat coconut oil in a large pot on medium heat. Sautee onions, leeks and garlic until soft and translucent. Add broccoli florets, coconut milk, and broth. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer for 20 minutes until florets are soft. Add lemon juice. Use immersion blender to puree contents of the pot until smooth. Add salt and pepper to taste. Serve!
Optional: Add 1 Tbsp of curry powder at the end of cooking and blend into soup for a little spice and warmth to the soup.
Brenda Walding, DPT, FDN